Do you know the saying: ÛÏBig things come in small packagesÛ? Well, that saying couldnÛªt be more true when talking about our Piri Piri Spice! Piri Piri (also called peri peri or pili pili) is a turbocharged chili powder that has a deeper and more complex flavor than your run-of-the-mill chili powder, thanks to our unique pepper blend that has been given an extra kiss of citrus. So why not ditch your old, boring, monotone chili powder, and shake things up with our little friend, Piri Piri?
You can substitute USimplySeasonÛªs Piri Piri anywhere chili powder is called for, to give your dish a quick and easy flavor enhancement, but Piri Piri has no problem being the star of your dish, either. Try using it as a dry rub on poultry or seafood for a spicy taste-sensation. You can also mix a hearty spoonful with some Olive Oil to create an extremely quick and easy Piri Piri Sauce that youÛªll love as a marinade, dipping sauce, or finishing spread.
- A Blend of Peppers, Smoked Sweet Paprika, with a hint of Citrus
- Hand-Blended in the USA
- Ideal as a rub on Beef, Chicken, Seafood, and Pork
- Mix a generous spoonfulåÊwith olive oil to make Piri Piri sauce.
- MSG and GMO Free
- Salt Free
USimplySeason’s Piri Piri Spice is hand blended in the USA with a blend of sweet smoked paprika, “piri piri” birdseye chiles, tart dried lemon peel and a swirl of delicious black pepper.
Anxious to try this superstar spice seasoning for yourself? Here is a fun and easy recipe to get you started:Piri Piri Chicken
- 4 Bone-In, Skin On Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbsp. USimplySeason Piri Piri
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450å¡F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with USimplySeason’s Piri Piri spice blend, salt and pepper.
- In a medium pan (oven-safe if you have one), heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned chicken, skin sides down, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the pan directly to the oven. (Alternatively, place the browned chicken, skin sides down, on a sheet pan or in a baking dish.) Roast, flipping the chicken halfway through, 23 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.Remove from the oven.
- Serve with rice or your favorite vegetables.åÊ
Click for more recipes that you can use with USimplySeason’s Piri Piri Spice