Few ingredients evoke the essence of Chinese flavors like USimplySeason’s Chinese Five Spice – just a dash will give any of your dishes a delicious and distinctively Chinese taste. Chinese Five Spice’s combination of warm, sweet, and spicy notes create an extraordinarily fragrant and flavorful spice blend that will please all your senses.
In traditional Chinese Cuisine the deep flavors of Five Spice are typically used as a rub or a marinade for meats that are rich and fatty, like pork, duck, and beef – these are then usually braised, grilled, or stir-fried to lock in Five Spice’s robust flavors. Check out our recipes for and for examples that are sure to make your mouth water! Five Spice is also a fabulously unique addition to baked goods, where its warm and sweet notes will yield to a subtle and unforgettable spicy aftertaste!
- Fragrant and potent – just a little of these five spices will go a long way!
- Ideal for stir-fry dishes, rice and other side dishes.
- Hand-blended in the USA with spicy Szechuan (see-chu-wahn) Peppercorns, earthy Star Anise, resinous Cloves, bright Fennel and a twist of sweet cinnamon.
- An excellent gift for that hard-to-shop-for food lover.
- Premium Chinese Five Spice is a must for global cuisine enthusiasts.
USimplySeason’s Chinese Five Spice is hand blended in the USA with Star Anise, Cloves, Fennel, Cinnamon and Szechuan (sichuan) Peppercorns.
Anxious to try this superstar spice seasoning for yourself? Here is a fun and easy recipe to get you started:Chinese Five Spice Chocolate Cupcakes
- One 18.25 oz package of devil’s food or dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of USimplySeason’s Chinese Five Spice Blend
How to make…
- Combine all ingredients together and mix for about two minutes at medium speed.
- Place in cupcake papers and bake at 350F for 19-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Click for more recipes that you can use with USimplySeason’s Chinese Five Spice